Well, we did it. We managed to complete the makeover of our showroom in time for our open house in conjunction with the Des Moines Register’s Spring Thaw promotion. That is if you don’t count the piles on our desks at the moment…but we’ll get those organized in a bit. Our “spruced up for Spring” office/showroom is open this weekend, Friday and Saturday, 9am – 8pm.
Our makeover involved a complete resurfacing of all the decking display space we have here…over 400sf worth of deck displays, actually. I think we re-used less than 50sf of what we had before. We’ve also added some new railing displays. So, if you’ve been here before, you should recognize the difference. If you haven’t been here, you’re seeing the latest in decking and railing styles. See prior blog postings for more more information on this.
I’d like to thank the following for helping us with this renovation (alphabetical order):
- Azek, for your contribution of decking and railing material and your support of the Archadeck system.
- Beisser Lumber, for your support and patience with us in handling all the finer – and last minute – details. Like at 5pm, calling frantically for 4 screws needed to put the Azek rail together. Among other things.
- Our Crews, for your dedication to get this done in time and for the detailed craftmanship it takes to do this kind of work… inside, where there are 3 walls, as opposed to outside…where most of the time we’re dealing with 1 wall…occaisionally 2…and even less occaisonally 3. Not that we don’t do that detailed craftmanship outside…its just more complex…and therefore slower, inside. I won’t explain it here…come in sometime to get a better visual understanding.
- The Des Moines Register, for your forcing us to make the time for a much-needed showroom renovation. Just kidding…sorta. Seriously, thank you for helping promote decks, porches, sunrooms, multi-season rooms, pergolas, gazebos, patios, outdoor kitchens…custom outdoor living spaces by the Des Moines’ areas premier deck builder, Archadeck of Central Iowa.
- K&R Wholesale, for your contribution of Gossen decking and Kleer trim boards and for your support and patience with us in handling all the finer – and last minute – details as well.
- TimberTech, for your contribution of decking and railing material and your support of the Archadeck system.
- You…for your patience; if you called the last couple of days, we were admittedly difficult to get ahold of. And, you, for considering Archadeck for your outdoor living projects; we look forward to seeing you soon…if not this weekend.